Are you considering a DIY garage doors installation project? Make sure you follow the tips presented below
So you finally have the perfect garage door for your house. What happens next? It’s time to learn how to install it properly. That is, if you think you are up for the job! Considering a DIY garage doors installation process?
When you think about garage doors installation, two things should definitely come to mind: quick and easy. However, that may not always be the case. In order to successfully accomplish this, you need to have at least moderate do-it-yourself skills and the necessary tools available.
What are the benefits of a garage doors installation DIY project?
Although a company that deals with garage door services and sells garage door openers has everything you need to make it all happen, you could handle it yourself by following these simple rules:
- After you attach weatherstripping to the bottom edge of the first garage door panel, set the panel in the doorway and fix it in place by driving nails partway into each jamb.
- Assemble the various pieces for the vertical, curved, and horizontal tracks.
- Install the rollers and any necessary brackets on the garage door section. Also install wall or jamb-mounted brackets following the manufacturer’s directions.
- Install the rollers into the second section.
- Fasten the hinges of the first section to the second one.
- Install the third section, using the same procedures.
- Attach the jamb brackets to the tracks and fasten them to the framing members.
- Install the curved and horizontal tracks.
- Check the horizontal track for level, and then cut the rear track hanger to the length necessary for supporting the track.
- install the torque tube according to the manufacturer’s directions, by rolling up the door to check for the alignment of the tracks.
If you need help with your garage doors installation or garage door opener, make sure you contact us at www.hireauthoritydoors.com wherever you are in Delray Beach, Palm Beach, Parkland, West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton Beach or Coral Springs, FL!